Please visit The Deli's full web charts organized by genre and region.
Polls are like guitar solos, some people love them while others despise them - and we are cool with that.
Here at The Deli we like polls because - at least the way we do them - they allow us to accomplish many positive things at once:
1. The Deli's polls are a great way to give free exposure to local emerging artists we like, directly on our homepage.
2. The polls may prompt these same artists to promote our site amongst their fans - and of course we like that.
3. They also basically force us to constantly search for great up and coming local artists - 8 every 2 weeks only in NYC!!!
4. The artists and bands who win our polls not only get their picture on top of our city scene homepage for two weeks (which is the most clicked part of our site), but also (when we have local sponsors) win some prizes, including free recording and mastering time - now that doesn't hurt them for sure...
5. Most readers perceive being nominated for a poll and - even more so - winning it, as a strong sign of quality - and giving that kind of message associated to an emerging artists is exactly what we are here for.
So if you happen to despise polls, we just gave you 5 good reasons to change your mind...
The Deli's Staff
Philadelphia New Bands With Buzz